The Bohm Wildish Family Law Team
Bohm Wildish provides services in all aspects of family law under the direction of Partner Sherry D’Antony, certified by the State Bar of California as a Family Law Specialist*.
When you hire an attorney from our firm, you hire our entire team
Our team of attorneys and staff at Bohm Wildish is comprised of many of the best and brightest legal minds in Southern California. We have decades of experience representing clients in all aspects of family law. They are supported by an excellent staff of paralegals and administrators who are extremely responsive and sensitive to client needs.
In your time of need, there is no better team to have on your side
Whether you or a family member requires representation on custody matters, dissolution, property division (including fraudulent conveyances or hiding assets), or you need either a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement, we are equipped to provide you with highly specialized legal help.
If your matter is better suited in the framework of collaborative mediations as an alternative to contentious litigation, or requires aggressive litigation, your interests will be safeguarded, advanced and carefully protected.
While each of the attorneys at Bohm Wildish is an expert in their own right, when you hire our firm, you hire our entire team. When you bring your case to us, the entire legal team consults on the best approach to take. Your case gets the benefit of experts in a number of different areas weighing in collaboratively.
Sherry Graybehl D’Antony, Partner
- The State Bar of California,
- United States Court (Central and Southern Districts of California), and
- United States of Appeals (9th Circuit).
Certified Family Law Specialist
- California Certified Family Law Specialist since 1995.
Areas of Practice
Family Law: Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in all facets of family law from commencement of the action to trial. Her areas of practice include, but are not limited to: child custody, guardianship, child and spousal support, property division, domestic violence, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, domestic partnership, and same-sex marriage dissolution.
Employment Law: Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in the area of management law. She represents both employers and employees in all forms of employment disputes, including but not limited to: advising employers on Pregnancy Disability Leave (“PDL”) Law, the Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), Kin Care Leave, California Family Rights Act (“CFRA”); issues of exempt and non-exempt status and the duties and liabilities associated therewith; representing employers in administrative hearings before the California Labor Commission, Department of Fair Employment and Housing (“DFEH”), Employment Development Department (“EDD”), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”); preparation of Employee Handbooks; performing investigations of sexual harassment claims; advising companies on Human Resource issues and how to avoid litigation; and lawsuits involving discrimination based upon disability, age, gender, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, wage claims and associated torts.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in mediation and collaborative law which resolves matters short of court intervention. This method maintains the parties’ privacy and minimizes the conflict between the parties. This is an effective alternative to the highly contested litigation involved in the adversarial process.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony has a broad range of trial experience ranging from short cause matters to multiple week trials.
Family Law: Her Family Law litigation experience includes, but is not limited to: custody, visitation, move-away, child support, spousal support, property division (including issues dealing with evaluating businesses and real property), domestic violence, restraining orders, and custody issues for same-sex couples.
Examples of Ms. Graybehl D’Antony’s verdicts and awards obtained in Employment and Civil Litigation:
- In a 1995 jury trial, Ms. Graybehl D’Antony obtained a $360,000 damages award for a client bringing a battery case against her ex-husband who infected her with a sexually transmitted disease. Ms. Graybehl D’Antony successfully overcame the ex-husband’s invasion of privacy defense to obtain this victory for her client.
- In 1998, Ms. Graybehl D’Antony was granted a nonsuit when she represented ITT Cannon in a wrongful termination case.
Bar Activities and Legal Associations
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Board Member (2005 through 2007);
- Lex Romana (Italian Lawyers Group), President (2011 – 2012) Board Member (2006- present);
- Collaborative Divorce Solutions for Orange County,Member (2008 – present);
- Orange County Bar Association, Member.
- John F. Kennedy University, Northern California (B.S. in Business Administration);
- John F. Kennedy University (J.D.);
- Licensed to practice law in 1988.
Work Experience and Personal History
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony has been practicing law since 1989. Prior to joining the law firm of Bohm Wildish, APC, she was a partner at the law firm of D’Antony, Doyle & Moore. Prior to that, Ms. Graybehl D’Antony was at the law firm of Ferruzzo & Ferruzzo for nine-and-a-half years where she handled all matters relating to family law and employment law.
- Employment and Labor Law for the General Practitioner in California, Lorman Education Services, 2000.
Lectures and Seminars
- “Sexual Harassment”, Irvine Swim League
- “Employment Labor Law”, Lorman Education Services, (2000)
- “Sexual Harassment”, Riverside School District
- “Prevention of Violence in the Work Place”, McGraw-Hill
- “Domestic Violence”, Orange County Bar Association and Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County’s 11th Annual Mexico Seminar (l996)
- “Employment Matters”, Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce
- “Sexual Harassment”, Ferguson, Metzner & Company
- “Pregnancy Disability”, Orange County Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators
- “Collaborative Law”, KUCI/Privacy Piracy
- Board Member for Green Star Charity through Koll Co.,
- Chair of Laura’s House Golf Tournament (1997).
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony completed over 14 marathons and 4 half marathons.
Christine M. Ulich, Associate
- The State Bar of California
- The State Bar of Georgia
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Ms. Ulich currently focuses her career in family law, including divorce, custody, visitation, modifications, support, restraining orders, and appeals. She feels passionate about helping people through what is often the most difficult and stressful time in a person’s life.
CONSTRUCTION DEFECT/COMPLEX CIVIL LITIGATION:
Ms. Ulich started her career in construction defect and complex civil litigation in Newport Beach. She developed her courtroom and deposition skills during this time.
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A.), 2007
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law (J.D.), 2010
WORK EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL HISTORY
Ms. Ulich began her legal career in California family law as a clerk at the Lamoureaux Justice Center during law school. She continued as a family law clerk after graduating from UC Hastings, while awaiting bar results. She gained broad knowledge of the law from this experience and developed her interest in family law during this time.
After graduation, she worked for a few years in construction defect and complex civil litigation in Newport Beach. In 2013, Ms. Ulich moved to Atlanta, Georgia. While in Georgia, she exclusively practiced family law. She returned to California in 2016 to be closer to family, continuing where she left off in 2008 – pursuing her passion in California family law.
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA)
- Family law Section Member
Ms. Ulich is a world traveler, having been to over 50 countries around the world.
James G. Bohm, Partner
Mr. Bohm is admitted to the State Bar of California, the United States District Court (Central and Southern Districts of California) and to the United States Court of Appeals (9th Circuit).
Area of Practice
Mr. Bohm enjoys extensive experience in both insurance law and business litigation and has represented Fortune 500 companies in various complex business litigation involving claims related to the acquisition of companies, contract disputes, and wrongful termination claims. He has represented numerous companies in coverage and insurance bad faith disputes. Additional areas of focus include substantial trial experience in business related matters.
Mr. Bohm possesses a broad range of extensive trial experience in major cases. Some examples of Mr. Bohm’s verdicts and awards obtained on behalf of his clients have included:
- Obtained a $2 million award for a Fortune 500 client following an extensive jury trial in Los Angeles Superior Court where claims of over $12 million were brought against that client relating to the divestiture of one of its subsidiaries.
- Successfully defended a real estate agent alleged to have breached her fiduciary duties to her client by purchasing her client’s prospective property and obtaining a secret profit therefrom. No resulting liability attached to the agent.
- Obtained a fraud verdict against a publicly traded leasing company in favor of a major wholesale food distributor, in claims relating to the leasing company’s contract and selling practices. This was the first successful lawsuit in over 200 similar cases wherein a verdict against the leasing company was obtained. The leasing company was represented by one of the nation’s top law firms and spent over $5 million in attorney’s fees.
- Successfully defended a company that was alleged to be a joint venture partner with a debtor company, in an action brought by the debtor company’s creditor, resulting in no liability to the client.
- Obtained a jury verdict in excess of $300,000 for a property owner client whose property sustained water damage from an adjoining landowner.
- Obtained a complete defense verdict after a six week jury trial wherein our client, the president of an automobile manufacturing company, was accused of fraud, conversion and securities violations by an investor in and creditor of his company. Plaintiffs sought over $12 million in damages and were represented by a nationally known trial lawyer (who was a lead prosecutor in the government’s case against Ken Lay and Jeffery Skilling of Enron’ fame). It was reported that this attorney had never previously “lost a case”. Plaintiffs spent millions of dollars in prosecuting the matter and had up to seven lawyers representing them at trial. Our client had only one lawyer defending the case: James G. Bohm.
Bar Activities and Legal Associations
Mr. Bohm has served on the Board of Trustees of the Orange County Bar Foundation (1996 to 2003). He is a member of Board of Governors of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Orange County Chapter (2001 to present), also holding the following offices: Treasurer (2004-2005), Vice-President (2006), President (2007 to 2008). Mr. Bohm is a member of the Orange County Bar Association and the State Bar of California, where he has served on the Resolutions Committee, and as Section Head for the Section on Civil Procedure.
Mr. Bohm is a graduate of the University of California at Los Angeles (B.A., 1984), and of Pepperdine University, where he obtained his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, and was Class Salutatorian, in 1987. While at Pepperdine, he was the California Survey Editor for the Pepperdine Law Review (1986-87) and the recipient of the West Publishing Company’s Award for Highest Scholastic Average for the 1984-85 academic year. Mr. Bohm also received several American Jurisprudence Awards in the areas of Contracts, Constitutional Law, Creditor’s Rights and Bankruptcy, Remedies, and Criminal Procedure.
Mr. Bohm has been practicing law since 1987. Prior to forming Bohm Wildish, APC he was the administrative partner of the Costa Mesa office of Lewis, D’Amato, Brisbois & Bisgaard, LLP (now Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP), where he represented numerous insurance clients. He also has substantial experience directly representing corporations in non-insurance, business-related matters and experience defending directors and officers in securities litigation. Mr. Bohm has represented ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc., PureGro, SPI Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Union Oil Company of California, Unocal, BMW of North America, Inc., Ingersoll-Rand, Inc., Lorillard Tobacco Company, Nature’s Best, Tosco Corporation, Phillips Petroleum Company and Contessa Foods, among others.
Publications and Presentations
- Author, “California Supreme Court Survey, September 1985-1986” (13 Pepperdine Law Review 861, 1101 (1986))
- Co-Editor and Co-Author, “Petroleum Marketing Practices Act Update” (1989-90)
- Member of the Board of Editorial Advisors for the publication Managing Partner (1999 – 2002)
- Speaker, “Extricating Your Company From the Deathgrip Lease” and “Selecting and Monitoring Outside Counsel”, ICN Conference on High Technology Procurement (Orlando, Florida, September 2001)
- Author, “Prosecuting Your Business Tort Claims: A Defense Perspective”, Advocate (September 2003)
- Moderator, “Jury Selection, Opening Statement and Closing Argument”; “Trying The Business Punitive Damages Case”, Association of Business Trial Lawyers 30th Annual Seminar (Albuquerque, New Mexico, October 2003)
- Moderator, “When Things Go Wrong”, Association of Business Trial Lawyers 33rd Annual Conference, (Maui, Hawaii, October 2006)
Since 2008, Mr. Bohm has served as general counsel to Frontera Investments, Inc.
- Elected to the 2004 Presidential Elector College
- Commissioner, Orange County Sheriff’s Advisory Council (2005 – present)
- Pepperdine University, School of Law, Board of Visitors (2008 – present)
Harriet B. Alexson, Partner
Harriet B. Alexson is a partner at Bohm, Wildish LLP in Costa Mesa, California.
She specializes in real estate, corporate, private placements, commercial transactions and regulatory advice.
She is a graduate of USC School of Law and is formerly a partner with two major national law firms specializing in commercial, entertainment and financial institutions law.
She was recently honored as an Influential Women in California Real Estate in Southern California Real Estate Magazine and in the recent USC Law Magazine as an alumnus who has made a significant impact in the legal field.
Ms. Alexson advises community banks and other financial services companies in loan transactions, modifications, regulatory compliance and litigation matters, including enforcement of lender remedies and trade secret cases. She assists clients in the acquisition of commercial real estate projects as well as joint development ventures and mergers and acquisitions of businesses. Ms. Alexson served as the Chair of the Banking and Lending Section of the Orange County Bar Association in 2013. Ms. Alexson currently serves on the Board of Orange County Financial Society.
Legal Services include:
A.Financial Services Practice
- Loan Originations, Sales, and Purchases
- Loan Documents
- Real Estate Mixed Collateral Loans
- Restructuring of Complex Loan Transactions with Mixed Collateral
- Perfection of Collateral Under the UCC
- Appointment of Receivers
- Writs of Attachment
- Judicial Foreclosures
- Forbearance Documents
- Acquisition of Loan Pools
- Acquisition of Assets of Troubled Banks from FDIC
- Defense of Lender Liability Claims
- Relief from Stay in Bankruptcy
- Provisional Remedies
- Mechanic Liens
- Intercreditor Agreements
- Subordination Agreements
- SBA Loan Documents
- Collection Actions
- Title Matters
- NACHA Processing
- Finance Lender Licenses
- Consumer Finance Protection Board
- Dodd-Frank Regulation
B. Business Transaction Services
- Legal Documentation
- Preparation of due diligence checklist
- Legal Opinions
- Letters of Intent
- Perfection of Security Interest (including intellectual property rights)
- Closing Instructions
- Working with the due-diligence team on title matters and other closing issues, such as assignment of intellectual property rights and other closing documents.
- Transaction Documents
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Strategic Alliances
- Joint Ventures
- Construction Contracts
- Wind Energy Projects
- Real Property Purchase/Sales/Leasing
Daniel R. Wildish, Partner
Mr. Wildish joined Bohm Wildish, APC in 2013. Mr. Wildish practices in the areas of real estate and business litigation, focusing on all major areas of real estate litigation, contract law, tort, construction litigation, defense, environmental litigation, title insurance, escrow law, and boundary disputes. His clients include real estate developers, brokers, and agents, as well as escrow and title companies, community groups, homeowner associations, and contractors. Wildish has substantial trial and litigation experience, having tried many complex, cutting-edge real estate and business trials, including multiple jury trials, court trials, and judicial arbitrations. In addition, he has extensive experience in all aspects of appellate practice.
- Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Business Litigation
- U.S. District Court (Southern, Central, Eastern, & Northern Districts of California)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- BA (General Studies), University of Michigan
- JD, Pepperdine University, School of Law
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
Charitable Interests and Community Service
Dan Wildish is a current member of the Orange County Republican Committee. In addition, he was Chairman of the Board of Directors for two years at the non-profit organization Consumer Credit Counselors of Orange County. He has also served on various non-profit boards for various churches.
Dan Wildish participated in a coordinated action culminating in the United States Supreme Court decision of “De la Cuesta vs. Fidelity Federal Savings & Loan Association.” He has taught courses in real estate law and served as the chairman of the Orange County Bar Association, Real Estate Section, for two years.
Annie Ventocilla, Senior Associate
Annie Ventocilla Won is a senior associate in Bohm Wildish’s Litigation Department. Her areas of practice include all forms of business disputes, real estate matters and general commercial litigation matters.
Ms. Won graduated from UCLA in 2002, where she received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics. Ms. Won received her Juris Doctor degree from Whittier Law School and became a member of the State Bar of California in 2007.
Areas of Practice
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, California, 2006 J.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, 2002 B.A., Economics
- Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FNMA, FHA, VHA – Oh My!, CACM Law Journal, April 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California Member
Jennifer A. Tollast, Paralegal
- South Coast College, A.A. Paralegal Studies
- Family Law
- Employment Law
- General/Civil Litigation
Work Experience: Ms. Tollast has over 5 years of experience in the field of Family Law. She began her career with a prominent sole practitioner. There, she garnered the skills and knowledge that led her to work for one of the most recognized Family Law firms in Orange County. Ms. Tollast assists in all levels of litigation from court filings to trial preparation.