- The State Bar of California,
- United States Court (Central and Southern Districts of California), and
- United States of Appeals (9th Circuit).
Certified Family Law Specialist
- California Certified Family Law Specialist since 1995.
Areas of Practice
Family Law: Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in all facets of family law from commencement of the action to trial. Her areas of practice include, but are not limited to: child custody, guardianship, child and spousal support, property division, domestic violence, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, domestic partnership, and same-sex marriage dissolution.
Employment Law: Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in the area of management law. She represents both employers and employees in all forms of employment disputes, including but not limited to: advising employers on Pregnancy Disability Leave (“PDL”) Law, the Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), Kin Care Leave, California Family Rights Act (“CFRA”); issues of exempt and non-exempt status and the duties and liabilities associated therewith; representing employers in administrative hearings before the California Labor Commission, Department of Fair Employment and Housing (“DFEH”), Employment Development Department (“EDD”), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”); preparation of Employee Handbooks; performing investigations of sexual harassment claims; advising companies on Human Resource issues and how to avoid litigation; and lawsuits involving discrimination based upon disability, age, gender, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, wage claims and associated torts.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in mediation and collaborative law which resolves matters short of court intervention. This method maintains the parties’ privacy and minimizes the conflict between the parties. This is an effective alternative to the highly contested litigation involved in the adversarial process.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony has a broad range of trial experience ranging from short cause matters to multiple week trials.
Family Law: Her Family Law litigation experience includes, but is not limited to: custody, visitation, move-away, child support, spousal support, property division (including issues dealing with evaluating businesses and real property), domestic violence, restraining orders, and custody issues for same-sex couples.
Examples of Ms. Graybehl D’Antony’s verdicts and awards obtained in Employment and Civil Litigation:
- In a 1995 jury trial, Ms. Graybehl D’Antony obtained a $360,000 damages award for a client bringing a battery case against her ex-husband who infected her with a sexually transmitted disease. Ms. Graybehl D’Antony successfully overcame the ex-husband’s invasion of privacy defense to obtain this victory for her client.
- In 1998, Ms. Graybehl D’Antony was granted a nonsuit when she represented ITT Cannon in a wrongful termination case.
Bar Activities and Legal Associations
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Board Member (2005 through 2007);
- Lex Romana (Italian Lawyers Group), President (2011 – 2012) Board Member (2006- present);
- Collaborative Divorce Solutions for Orange County,Member (2008 – present);
- Orange County Bar Association, Member.
- John F. Kennedy University, Northern California (B.S. in Business Administration);
- John F. Kennedy University (J.D.);
- Licensed to practice law in 1988.
Work Experience and Personal History
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony has been practicing law since 1989. Prior to joining the law firm of Bohm Wildish, APC, she was a partner at the law firm of D’Antony, Doyle & Moore. Prior to that, Ms. Graybehl D’Antony was at the law firm of Ferruzzo & Ferruzzo for nine-and-a-half years where she handled all matters relating to family law and employment law.
- Employment and Labor Law for the General Practitioner in California, Lorman Education Services, 2000.
Lectures and Seminars
- “Sexual Harassment”, Irvine Swim League
- “Employment Labor Law”, Lorman Education Services, (2000)
- “Sexual Harassment”, Riverside School District
- “Prevention of Violence in the Work Place”, McGraw-Hill
- “Domestic Violence”, Orange County Bar Association and Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County’s 11th Annual Mexico Seminar (l996)
- “Employment Matters”, Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce
- “Sexual Harassment”, Ferguson, Metzner & Company
- “Pregnancy Disability”, Orange County Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators
- “Collaborative Law”, KUCI/Privacy Piracy
- Board Member for Green Star Charity through Koll Co.,
- Chair of Laura’s House Golf Tournament (1997).
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony completed over 14 marathons and 4 half marathons.