Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in all facets of family law from commencement of the action to trial. Her areas of practice include, but are not limited to: child custody, guardianship, child and spousal support, property division, domestic violence, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, domestic partnership, and same-sex marriage dissolution.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is also experienced in the area of management law. She represents both employers and employees in all forms of employment disputes, including but not limited to: advising employers on Pregnancy Disability Leave (“PDL”) Law, the Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), Kin Care Leave, California Family Rights Act (“CFRA”); issues of exempt and non-exempt status and the duties and liabilities associated therewith; representing employers in administrative hearings before the California Labor Commission, Department of Fair Employment and Housing (“DFEH”), Employment Development Department (“EDD”), Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”); preparation of Employee Handbooks; performing investigations of sexual harassment claims; advising companies on Human Resource issues and how to avoid litigation; and lawsuits involving discrimination based upon disability, age, gender, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, wage claims and associated torts.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony is experienced in mediation, cooperative and collaborative law which resolves matters short of court intervention. This method maintains the parties’ privacy and minimizes the conflict between the parties. This is an effective alternative to the highly contested litigation involved in the adversarial process.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony completed over 14 marathons and 4 half marathons.
Practice Areas & Focus
- Conservatorship & Guardianship
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- John F. Kennedy University, Northern California (B.S. in Business Administration)
- John F. Kennedy University, College of Law (J.D.)
- The State Bar of California
- United States Court (Central and Southern Districts of California)
- United States Court of Appeals (9th Circuit)
- American Inns of Court, Member 2014 – present
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS), Board Member 2005 – 2007
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (AFCC), Member 2015 – present
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member 2014 – present
- Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County, Member 2008 – present
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP), Member 2011 – present
- Italian American Lawyers of Orange County (IALOC), President 2011 – 2012; Board Member 2006 – present
- National Association of Professional Women, Member 2015 – present
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA), Member
- Top 10 Law Firm, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2017
- Top 10 Family Law Attorney, Attorney and Practice Magazine, 2017
- Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Southern California, Martindale-Hubbell, 2015
- Outstanding Excellence and Dedication to her Profession, National Association of Professional Women, 2015
- Top 10 Best in Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2015
- Member of the Month, Collaborative Divorce Solutions of Orange County, August 2014
- “Excellent” rating by Avvo
- Employment and Labor Law for the General Practitioner in California, Lorman Education Services, 2000
- Top 10 Tips for Teens of Divorced or Divorcing Parents, 2016
- California Certified Family Law Specialist since 1995
- Green Star Charity through Koll Co., Board Member
- Laura’s House Golf Tournament, Chairperson, 1997
- Contributor and Supporter for Catarina’s Club
- Avid Supporter of U.S. Military Veterans
- “Is Civility Dead After Observing the Primaries?”, Italian American Lawyers of Orange County-Seminar in Verona, Italy, 2016
- “Bias in the Legal Profession”, Lex Romana, 2014
- “Sexual Harassment”, Irvine Swim League
- “Employment Labor Law”, Lorman Education Services, 2000
- “Sexual Harassment”, Riverside School District
- “Prevention of Violence in the Work Place”, McGraw-Hill
- “Domestic Violence and Family Law”, Orange County Bar Association and Hispanic Bar Association of Orange County’s 11th Annual Mexico Seminar (l996)
- “Employment Matters”, Santa Ana Chamber of Commerce
- “Sexual Harassment”, Ferguson, Metzner & Company
- “Pregnancy Disability”, Orange County Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators
- “Collaborative Law”, KUCI/Privacy Piracy
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony has a broad range of trial experience ranging from short cause matters to multiple week trials.
Ms. Graybehl D’Antony’s Family Law litigation experience includes, but is not limited to: custody, visitation, move-away, child support, spousal support, property division (including issues dealing with evaluating businesses and real property), domestic violence, restraining orders, and custody issues for same-sex couples.
Examples of verdicts and awards Ms. Graybehl D’Antony obtained in Employment and Civil Litigation:
- In a 1995 jury trial, Ms. Graybehl D’Antony obtained a $360,000 damages award for a client bringing a battery case against her ex-husband who infected her with a sexually transmitted disease. Graybehl D’Antony successfully overcame the ex-husband’s invasion of privacy defense to obtain this victory for her client.
- In 1998, Ms. Graybehl D’Antony was granted three nonsuits in favor of her client, ITT Cannon, in a wrongful termination case.