Business and Professional Practice Valuation
If you or your spouse has any interest in a professional practice or ownership in a business, this asset will likely need to be valued and distributed as a part of the complex divorce process.
We can determine valuations of these business interests in property division disputes, while preserving the integrity of the business or practice.
“Accurate asset valuation is critical to a fair property division.”
Complex Valuation Experts
We have handled a wide variety of complex valuations for those including:
- Doctors, lawyers, CPAs and other professionals in private practice
- Owners, partners and stakeholders in technology, manufacturing, oil and gas companies, as well as other industries
- Spouses of professionals or business owners
- Professional athletes
Accurate asset valuation is critical to a fair property division. But a complex valuation of a corporate entity, partnership, or professional association requires skill, professionalism, and discretion. Our respected attorneys have appraised numerous multimillion-dollar businesses and practices for divorce clients in the Orange County, Los Angeles, and Southern California area.
Our Trusted Experts
We work closely with CPAs and accountants who specialize in valuing professional practices and businesses. Our analysis includes:
- Diligent discovery of all documents reflecting the worth of the enterprise
- The value of deferred compensation and perks
- Comparative values of similar businesses and practices
- The goodwill of the professional or key owner
We also consider the tax consequences associated with a possible transfer or sale of the business entity, if necessary. Once a value is established, we can discuss creative solutions to ensure an equitable distribution of the marital estate.
Protecting the Business Interest
We are acutely aware that the issues from a personal divorce can ripple into the professional business or practice itself. Our attorneys are careful to ensure that the entity and confidentiality of the business, its records, and its clientele are not compromised or affected.
If you are considering divorce and have complex financial interests to consider, set up a personal consultation with one of our expert attorneys.