Find the Best Legal Representation for Your Divorce
Posted on February 07, 2011 by Lisa
You are about to enter into uncharted territory. You will soon be going through the divorce process and are unaware of not only the enormous economic strain that a divorce can have on you, but also the large amount of time that the process can consume. This is a very serious matter; without the proper precautions, you could be swept into a lengthy court battle that could end up costing you a hefty sum.
In an effort to protect you from a potential financial and time consuming disaster, our divorce guide has a dedicated section about “Ten Money Saving Tactics during Divorce,” all of which useful in helping you avoid such disaster. The top three tactics are especially vital and are therefore discussed in more detail below.
Three Ways to Make the Divorce Process Easy and Efficient
- Learn All You Can: When you come to the realization that you and your spouse are going to get divorced, do all that you can to understand the divorce process. Read as much as you can about the different procedures and laws of your state. Seek out friends or acquaintances that have gone through what you are and ask them if they have any advice or information that they think would benefit you. The more you know about the divorce process, the better off you will be because you will be have better informed questions for your divorce attorney. Knowing what to ask and being prepared are great ways to get the process off to a smooth and rapid start.
- Pick and Choose Your Battles: You should know that divorces can get expensive very fast, especially when spouses are unable to agree on the terms. When you have reached your decision to divorce and have chosen your divorce attorney, make sure to ask about possible ways that you and your spouse would be able to quicken the process. Make sure to ask for an estimate on time and cost if you are considering or have no other option than litigation. Ask about alternatives such as mediation or collaborative divorce, both of which may save you time and money.
- Choose Wisely: There are multiple approaches and a diverse amount of inexpensive tactics that couples may use to handle their divorce. But be fair warned, cheap legal services will often yield cheap results and may end up costing you more money in the long run. For instance, if you put your faith and trust into an unsupervised paralegal in an attempt to save money, know that you may need to spend more money later on more experienced counsel to fix the mistakes the paralegal made. They are often not equipped with enough education and experience of the intricacies of family law to work on complex divorce cases. Making the right decision the first time could end up saving you quite a bit.
Get the Representation You Deserve
Upon entering the divorce process, choosing the right divorce attorney will always be one of your most important decisions. You’ll need someone with experience and someone that will be sensitive to your needs. Let the compassionate and experienced attorneys at Dishon and Block get the results in that you deserve. Call 1-877-615-6620 today to set up a consultation.
This article was posted in California Divorce Resources.
California Divorce Blog
- New California Law Will Allow For More Than Two Legal Parents
- Spruce Up Your Home
- How to Prepare For Your First Mediation Session
- Using Experts in Divorce
- Negotiate or Litigate
- Telling Your Child He/She Needs Therapy
- Taking to Children About Divorce
- Divorce Basics
- Know Your Rights with a Restraining Order
- Dealing with Change
Family Law Blog Categories
Sign Up for Our eNewsletter
Review Dishon & Block